Clock Rewinders and a Sunday Post 4
Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is a Sunday re-cap post started by Amanda at On A Book Bender and Tara at 25 Hour Books. It’s a chance to share our love of other blogs. The Sunday Post is a meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and it’s a chance to showcase new books and re-cap your week of blogging. Since I can’t ever make a decision, I’ve bastard-ized my Sunday post to be basically the best of both memes.[dt_divider style="wide"/]
Last Week On the Blog
- Monday I reviewed Incarnation by Emma Cornwall
- Tuesday I revealed the cover for The Unnaturals by Jessica Meigs, a new UF series coming soon
- Wednesday I showed my love for Gini Koch’s Kitty Katt series b/c I seriously can’t wait for Alien vs. Alien, her sixth book in the series due out December 4th, 2012
- Wednesday was also the first week of the Cornerstone Read-Along. I’m seriously having a hard time reading ONLY the assigned chapters. If you haven’t read this book yet, it’s only 99cents for the Kindle and $2.99 for Nook or on Smashwords (hint, hint)
- Friday I revealed the cover for Kailin Gow’s 8th book in her Pulse Vampire series, Blood Curse. There’s also a stellar giveaway for signed copies of three of Ms. Gow’s books that ends in just under two weeks. Run!
- Saturday I posted my Bloggiesta goals ~ way too many and I’m not very focused. These goals WILL change or I’ll flounder and get nothing accomplished.
This week was my son’s first week back to school (first grade!) and surprisingly, I still can’t get on the computer and get any of my reviews done! What’s up with that?! I’m supposed to be sitting at home bored and drinking wine all day. This isn’t going as planned…[dt_divider style="narrow"/]
Around the Blogosphere
- Bloggiesta is coming! The dates are September 28th – 30th. Danielle from There’s A Book has posted the sign ups on her blog. Check out my post for links or go directly to Danielle’s post.
- Parajunkee was hit, again, with a hurricane! Okay, I’m sure there were many other bloggers affected, probably worse, but since I follow Rachel, I heard her story of setting up wi-fi on her phone, working at her mom’s, etc. I’d love to live in Louisiana, but….
- Neil Gaiman (or as Atticus refers to him, “Neil fucking Gaiman”) is again spreading the word this Halloween to give someone a scary book. The event is called All Hallow’s Read and I think I’ll give a kid (or two) at my son’s school Goodnight Goon: A Petrifying Parody by Michael Rex and/or The Hallo-Wiener by Dav Pilkey.
- Amanda @ On a Book Bender has her own business offering copy-editing services called Language Management, LLC. Besides wanting to promote a fellow blogger and her business, I want to point out that Amanda has amazing articles on this site that discuss grammar, punctuation, and general writing tips. I know we all blog on the fly but since I’ve started receiving her newsletter and reading her articles, I’ve tried to pay more attention to my sentence structure, punctuation, and overall grammar. I still suck, but I’m trying.
What I’m Reading
I started: Cornerstone by Misty Provencher
I finished: Pretty When She Dies (Pretty When She Dies Trilogy #1) by Rhiannon Frater[dt_divider style="narrow"/]
In ‘da House
Received for Review:
Solid (Solid #1) by Shelley Workinger – Thanks for the opportunity, Ms. Workinger! This looks FUN!!
Holy Crap! Blog Friends are the BOMB!!
For some unexplainable reason, Lisa (aka Silverlight) at Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Reviews and Goodies sent me an amazing goodie box full of books and swag. Lisa is like my blogging conscience and she’s always there to inspire and kick me into action when I need it. Still not sure why she’s sending me goodies, though!!! Payback is a bitch…
Just some of the books she included:
Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard
Royal Street by Suzanne Johnson
Wicked Nights by Gena Showalter
Catch a Mate by Gena Showalter
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
There were more books, an audio book, a tote bag, earrings, and a sweet little rubber bracelet from the Night Huntress series for Vlad.
Mel, who’s this absolutely awesome reviewer on Smash Attack Reads, saw the goodies I got and asked if I wanted more Night Huntress swag. Well, duh!!! Two days later, a stuffed envelope is sitting in my mailbox with not just Night Huntress swag but a whole ton of other goodies like signed name plates, trading cards, AND what I think finishes my collection of Night Huntress bracelets! One for Spade, Mencheres, and oh boy, Bones!! Check it!!!
Who says Book Bloggers are a bunch of snarky know-it-alls who only know how to talk in .gifs? NOT ME!!
… well, crap! Now I feel like I need to hunt me down some swag to share!!![dt_divider style="narrow"/]
I didn’t have any good ones this week but I have to ask about this one…
what is the twist in if i die by rachel vincent – Why do people want the story to be spoiled?
Up Next On the Blog
Why do I bother? Oh, I know! I’ll have at least one review
How was your week? What books made their new home at your house? Leave your links so I can check them out!